Find all the very best Besan Curry recipes on the web within the one stop place that's cooking information. Whether or not you are looking for a formidable appetizer, an elaborate meal, or a quick and easy Besan Curry , you can find the recipes and recommendation you need. We provide you only the perfect Besan Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Besan Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Benefit Your Heart.
You already realize that the body requires a healthy heart. Here’s something for you to think about: if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you won’t be healthy. You already know that working out on a regular basis and leading a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. Are you aware, though, that there are some foods that can help you have a healthy heart? Continue reading to find out which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Remember when your mom and dad would say to you that an apple a day keeps the doctor away? In reality, apples contain many minerals and elements that promote a healthy heart. Apples are rich in soluble fiber which acts as a scrubber on your artery walls, keeping the cholesterol from accumulating and causing blockages. Consuming just a single Red Delicious apple every day can trigger as much as an eight percent decrease in your LDL levels. That’s a wonderful number for someone who wants a healthier heart.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods you will find that that are great for your body. It’s true that everything discussed in this article can help your body in numerous ways. These foods are especially good for the heart, however. Try incorporating these foods in your diet on a regular basis. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to besan curry recipe. You can cook besan curry using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Besan Curry:
- Prepare 1 cup besan (gram flour)
- Provide 2 potatoes diced
- Prepare 1 onion chopped
- Take 1 tomato chopped
- You need 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Prepare 1-2 bay leaves
- You need 1 inch cinnamon stick
- Prepare 2-3 green cardamoms slightly crushed
- Get 1 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Get 2 tsp red chilli powder
- Use 2 tsp cumin powder
- Take 2 tsp coriander powder
- Use 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Get 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Prepare To taste salt
- Provide As needed water
- Provide 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Take As needed oil for frying and cooking
Steps to make Besan Curry:
- In a mixing bowl add besan, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and salt to taste. Then add 2 cups of water and mix everything well to make a thick paste.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a nonstick pan and add the besan paste. Cook it to make a soft dough by stirring it continously.
- Transfer the dough to a greased plate/tray and press it gently with a spatula to evenly spread all over. Keep aside to cool down.
- Once cooled, cut into cubes with the help of a sharpe knife.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a nonstick pan and shallow fry the besan cubes till they turn golden brown from all sides. Remove them to a plate.
- Now in the same pan with the left over oil, fry the diced potatoes until golden brown. Remove and keep them aside.
- Then in the same pan add 1 tbsp oil to heat. Add cumin seeds, bay leaves, cinnamon stick and cardamoms. Fry till they turn aromatic. Add chopped onion and fry till brown. Add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder and saute for a while. Next add chopped tomato, salt and few chopped coriander leaves. Cook till tomato turns soft and mushy. Add little water and cook covered for 2 minutes till oil separates.
- Now add the fried potatoes and mix them up with the spices well. Add 2 cups water and a give a good stir.
- When water starts boiling, add the fried besan cubes. Cook covered on a low medium heat for 5 minutes or till it reaches the desired consistency.
- Finally add the garam masala powder. Cover and switch of the flame.
- Serve besan curry hot garnished with coriander leaves. It goes well with roti or rice.
If you find this Besan Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.